Texting and Voicemail Questions
- What versions of Whistle have texting?
- What is included for free?
- What if I want more than the 200 free texts to the US and Canada?
- Do you support texting outside of the US and Canada?
- Do I need to use Whistle voice services if all I want to do is text?
- Can I send emoticons and emoji?
- Can I send pictures or video?
- If my friend sends me a really long text, what happens?
- If I send really long texts, what happens?
- Can I use Whistle texting to respond to contests or votes using those 5-digit codes?
- I can’t text anymore / I received an error when I try to text. Why?
- What should I do if I someone tells me they have a problem with a text I sent via Whistle?
- I can’t text or receive texts from non-Whistle users. Why?
- How can I access my voicemail?
- Can I opt for a recurring monthly payment for the Monthly Texting and Voicemail package?
- how can I set up my voice mail greeting?
iOS and Mac can send and receive text messages with Whistle version 1.40. Android and Windows are currently under consideration.
Unlimited texts to all Whistle numbers. 200 texts to and from anyone in the US or Canada.
We offer monthly plans for additional texting.
Not at the moment, though it is on our radar.
No. You can use Whistle texting services without using voice.
Not right now. That's coming.
Whistle is at the mercy of what we get from mobile carriers. When carriers break up long messages, sometimes they tell us about the order in which to present them, and sometimes they don't. If we can, we'll present the pieces in order or number them. If we don’t get any information about the order, you may see a jumble. Sorry about that, but know that we don't like it, either.
Whistle breaks up long messages and provides sequencing labels when we send them out. Different mobile carriers deal with those labels in a bunch of different ways. All we know is that we've done the best we can to make sure your friend, colleague, or family member gets a text that looks the way you want it to.
We don't support those right now and likely won't in the future.
You might have reached your one-month mark, and will need to renew your Monthly Texting and Voicemail package.
You can let us know at email@example.com or post in a thread on this site. If you can, please note the carrier and phone model of the person who reported the texting issue.
If you have an 8-digit number, you will only be able to text and receive texts from other Whistle users. Only 10-digit phone numbers can text and receive texts from non-Whistle users.
To request a 10-digit phone number, log into your account, click the “Texting and Voicemail” tab on the right-hand side and (for iPhones) click “manage” and request a new number.
Call your own Whistle number from the Whistle app.
Unfortunately, at this time we will only be offering a manual payment for this package. However, if you want to save yourself the hassle of having to renew each month, you can pre-purchase the number of months that you would like to use. This money will automatically be deducted from your Whistle account balance at the time of your purchase.
log into your whistle application
dial your number
you will be prompted to enter your pin ( you set this up on your account settings page)
after you enter your pin you can record a new voice mail greeting