Google Verification

yoh_woah

26 Jun, 2013 07:00 PM

There is a problem registering to Gmail I think. Verification call doesn't arrive. Is it true?

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 26 Jun, 2013 07:04 PM

yoh_woah,

We don't actually send a verification call; when the account is created, we do issue an account activation e-mail.

2. 2 Posted by yoh_woah on 26 Jun, 2013 07:17 PM

This was not my question. Can you try to create a Gmail account with that phone number please?

3. 3 Posted by yoh_woah on 26 Jun, 2013 07:19 PM

I went premium but nothing changed. Can't open Gmail account with that phone. Fix it please or refund.

4. 4 Posted by yoh_woah on 26 Jun, 2013 08:09 PM

Knock knock! Refund please.

5. 5 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 26 Jun, 2013 08:17 PM

yoh_woah,

All right, let me be sure what the difficulty is. You've tried to create an account with a Gmail e-mail but were unable to do so, correct? But you currently do have an account registered to us with a Yahoo e-mail. According to our terms of service, customers can hold only one account at a time--but if you'd prefer your account to be linked to your Gmail, we can change the Yahoo address in your account settings to a Gmail one. Would that be satisfactory?

6. 6 Posted by yoh_woah on 26 Jun, 2013 08:32 PM

Oh my god. Catherine. You are an huge joke.

Forget the Whistlephone and my WP account OK?
    Google has "PHONE" verification when you attempt to create an e-mail.
    When I type my Whistle phone number. Google denies it. My Wistle software doesn't ring.

There is no link between my account and its e-mail in Whistle and to attempt creating Gmail account.

Number: (316) 712-4944
    This is my Whistle number. Why isn't ringing when getting online verification.
    I would like to open a Gmail account (they want a phone number and I type 3167124944) but VOICE verification of Gmail doesnt arrive.

7. 7 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 26 Jun, 2013 08:53 PM

yoh_woah,

I'm sorry for the confusion; this is not an issue we've ever encountered before. I'm currently speaking to our engineering staff about it.

8. 8 Posted by scott on 09 May, 2014 09:23 PM

Catherine, here is the problem. Whistle cannot receive calls from Google. For some reason Whistle does not ring when a call is generated from Google. This is a problem. Many people have Google Voice. You can make calls from Google Voice to any cell phone or land line in the US. Why can't Whistle receive calls from Google?

9. 9 Posted by scott on 09 May, 2014 09:27 PM

I'm having the same problem. Catherine, let me simplify this for you. Whistle is not receiving calls from Google Voice. That's a problem. Many people are using Google voice to make and receive calls. Calls can be made from Google Voice to ANY CELL PHONE OR LAND LINE in the US. I've used it hundreds of times. After paying for Go Premium, I cannot receive a call from Google through my Whistle App. What is the problem?

10. 10 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 09 May, 2014 10:21 PM

Scott,

Google Voice has compatibility issues with some other forms of VoIP, including ours. This isn't something we're currently able to resolve; it would require a patch from Google's side, and we can't get that from them right now. I'm sorry for the trouble.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac