Phone number provided to the user by Whistle

higuamo

09 May, 2014 08:08 PM

The phone numbers being provided to each individual end user are erroneous as I have being assign a number under area code 304. I live in New York City. Area Code 304 is in West Virginia! Please fix this matter as soon as possible.

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 09 May, 2014 08:54 PM

Domingo,

Numbers not chosen specifically at signup are provided free from our database of random numbers. Every number assigned is a valid US number and will be able to make calls at the same rates, no matter where the user is geographically located. However, if you would still prefer a number with a different area code, you can purchase one through the My Account section of the website.

2. 2 Posted by higuamo on 28 Jun, 2014 07:26 PM

Number given to me it is not an assign number on my local but but some where else on our nation , I want a number under the 212 area for my iPads and my iPhone please!

3. 3 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 28 Jun, 2014 08:10 PM

Domingo,

As I said, if you didn't choose a specific area code at signup you were given a random number. If you'd like a different number, you can purchase one through the website.

4. 4 Posted by higuamo on 29 Jun, 2014 11:18 AM

How can I purchase a number or purchase a number from the website? I was not aware that you could get a local number under your local area code which mine is 212. I have two iPad Air to which I want to assign two 212 numbers. I have receive an e-mail on how to change the number. I follow the e-mail instructions but when I hit the number button nothing happens. Pleas help, also when I assign a number to each iPad can I use the same e-mail but different password? Please do reply asap! What is the cost to get a number under my local area code?

5. 5 Posted by Whistle Catheri... on 29 Jun, 2014 04:27 PM

Domingo,

First, if you're on an iPad you can follow these instructions to get a new number:

1. Open your Whistle Phone app
    2. Go to the Account Management section of the Whistle Phone app
    3. Sign into your account (if necessary)
    4. Click the "[change]" link next to your current Whistle phone number in the righthand column.

However, it sounds like you have multiple accounts registered with us. Is this correct? Or are you planning to use the same account, with different numbers, on multiple devices? As a rule we advise against using the same account on multiple devices, as it can cause cache errors.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac