Connection status

joe.lofft

07 Nov, 2011 08:34 PM

Last week, my employers main ISP experienced a failure and our connection failed over to a backup ISP. Once the initial connection was lost I was not able to receive or place calls. Once I realized what the problem was I restated Whistle Phone and everything was fine. It would be nice if there was some type of intermitant service test done by the application that would warn you if the connection was lost.

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Eleanor on 07 Nov, 2011 09:17 PM

Joe,

Thanks for letting us know. The app for the iDevices does currently have a feature that changes color according to the app's connection status—green for good, yellow to red for bad. Is that the sort of thing you're referring to?

2. 2 Posted by joe.lofft on 08 Nov, 2011 12:24 PM

I was refering to the desktop product for OS X. I looked at the app for iPhone and the only indicator I see is yellow to indicate which line is active. The same thing happenes on the desktop app. I've never seen it any color except yellow and then it is only when you are making a call. All other times it is greyed out.

3. 3 Posted by Whistle Eleanor on 08 Nov, 2011 06:29 PM

Joe,

It may be slightly different for the iPhone (I don't have one with me at the moment to check), but at least in the iPad, the indicator light appears in the middle of the menu bar, above the app. You can see it in green at the top of this image: http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/070/Purple/f4/f9/1c/mzl.dehpjxsm.48...

You are correct that the OS X and PC versions don't have a similar feature at this time, though. I don't know if there are plans to add one in the next release, or if there are technical reasons why other versions of the app don't have it, but I can certainly mention it to the engineers.

4. Whistle Eleanor closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2012 06:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac