google voice compatibility - need ringback tone, not "please hold"

Jim900

06 May, 2011 09:29 AM

Could we have the option for incoming calls to not appear to be immediately answered by the Whistle (WP) service and instead for the caller to hear a ringback tone?

The reasons for the request are:

1) Most importantly, for Google Voice (GV) incoming call compatibility. With GV call screening enabled, you can miss the call because the screening time window begins when WP, not the callee, answers.

2) For GV outgoing call compatibility. If I select the "Phone to call with" to be my WP #, the "Number to call" is called immediately because GV thinks I answered the WP # to initiate the call.

3) Uniformity and privacy. At times it is undesirable for a caller to know you're not using a standard phone service. With WP, it is obvious since they hear, "Please hold while I connect to your party" and the music.

As an aside, some people are annoyed by an automated system that impersonates a human. In this case it's the use of "I" in the message.

Thanks for considering this request and for offering this service.

Jim

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Eleanor on 06 May, 2011 07:52 PM

Jim,

I've passed your suggestions on to the team for now. Thanks for taking the time to post them. We always appreciate feedback from our customers.

2. 2 Posted by Stacee smith on 06 May, 2011 09:51 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Call failed forbidden what does this mean?

Call failed forbidden what does this mean?

3. 3 Posted by PJ Sliepka on 03 Nov, 2011 09:05 PM

I actually love the Please Hold. I stopped using Google Voice and now use Whistle. I like hearing music rather than the ring back tone.

4. Whistle Eleanor closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2012 06:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac