Sending and receiving faxes via Whistle phone number

Alexander Stuart

27 Apr, 2011 10:35 AM

I've just signed up for Whistle and like it a lot so far. (Our six year old son has been using it on his wfi-only iPhone 3G for some time - it's one of our old iPhones and he wanted to be able to make calls on it.)

I am looking forward to the speakerphone function for iPhones that you are working on - I find speakerphone really useful, especially when on hold - but another great feature, if you can do it, would be the ability to send and receive faxes using your Whistle number.

Mostly now I just email PDFs, but there are those times when a fax is needed - and it's annoying having to have a landline just for those.

It would be great to be able to send and receive faxes from my Mac OS X just using our broadband connection - and from/to my iPhone as well, if that's possible.

Hope you can make this work.

Thanks, Alexander

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Eleanor on 27 Apr, 2011 05:55 PM

Alexander,

Thank you for your suggestion. We're always interested to hear what our users are looking for, and I'll pass it on to the team. : )

We do currently support speakerphone on iPhones that have multitasking capability, though. On such devices, moving Whistle to the background while on a call will enable speakerphone mode.

2. Whistle Eleanor closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2012 05:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac