Practical suggestion to make Whistle phone THE number one choice over the dread Skype

Fraser Hubbard

23 Apr, 2011 10:27 AM

Hi.
I love my Whistle phone -- even with the silly 20-minute limit. I have it on my computers and on my ipod touch. Why do I love it? Not sure -- I think its technology just seems better ... Anyway, I also pay for Skype (about 3 bucks a month).

What I would like to see is rather than competing with Skype's video & conferencing capabilities, WP simply continue to offer its awesome 20-min free/pay as you go option, and simply add on a monthly payment option of say 3 bucks a month / 30 per year -- unlimited, ad-free continental calling.

Thus you could underbid Skype for phone calls ... many would stay with the current free/pay as you go option and others would drop SKype .... Those customers not interested in vid conferencing would be ecstatic -- like me. :)

People who want to vid conf via Skype will do it for free anyway since Skype only makes you pay for non-Skype calls.

Just underbid them! Come on, WP! You can win this one! :)

1. 1 Posted by Whistle Eleanor on 23 Apr, 2011 06:34 PM

Fraser,

I don't think video conferencing is on Whistle's agenda. As far as service options go, I believe the plan for the time being is to watch how things unfold with our recent changes, but that's not to say the possibility of other options doesn't exist for the future. In the meantime, we always appreciate hearing suggestions from our users. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. : )

2. 2 Posted by Fraser Hubbard on 24 Apr, 2011 03:18 AM

Hi Eleanor.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually suggesting Whistle NOT try to compete with vid conferencing services like Skype, but rather try to underbid them for the strictly phone market, with the possibility of offering expanded for-pay packages in order to do so.

But it sounds like that's exactly what yall are doing ... sounds good!

:)

3. Whistle Eleanor closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2012 04:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac