Audio issue

Jared Watson

30 Sep, 2020 05:55 PM

Hello,
I've been using whistle phone for about 3 years now with no issues to make international calls. Only recently, I've noticed that when I make a call, there is no audio, not even a dial tone audio when I make a call. I use a mac book pro. Any suggestions to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dawn on 06 Oct, 2020 12:50 PM

Jared
    It sounds like you're having a connection issue. This is most often caused by a router setting called "SIP ALG," which interferes with Whistle's ability to send and receive. If you can disable SIP ALG in your router's settings, that should fix the problem. You may need to look up instructions to do this for your router since each type is different.

We're currently collecting data about this type of problem, so could you please give me some additional information? It would be helpful to know what type of router you're using, as well as confirmation that this solution works for you. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac