Call Failed Service Unavailable

charlie_bird

01 Jun, 2018 02:12 AM

Hi,
I can't place any calls, I get the message "Call Failed Service Unavailable" every time, on both Mac and iOS

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dawn on 01 Jun, 2018 02:52 PM

Can you try a call today and send me a screen shot of what you receive. are they long distance calls you are attempting, local calls. WiFi or 3G can you give me a bit more information..

2. 2 Posted by charlie_bird on 01 Jun, 2018 04:25 PM

I've got an area code 205 and I'm attempting to call 408.
    I've tried both WiFi and 4G on my phone (even using a personal VPN).

thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dawn on 01 Jun, 2018 06:09 PM

First, would you mind telling us what carrier you're using? Thanks. This thread is private, so you don't have to worry.

As for the error message--this error appears when Whistle can't get a response from our servers. If you're on a residential network, the problem is most likely the router. We recommend disabling SIP ALG (a router setting) to fix that issue. Here's a good site on what it is and how to disable it in certain router types: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Routers+SIP+ALG

4. 4 Posted by charlie_bird on 01 Jun, 2018 08:16 PM

The Wi-Fi isn't residential, but the error happens even when using a personal VPN (that routes all traffic though a residential connection with no blocking on the router).
    And on 4G, with AT&T

thanks

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dawn on 04 Jun, 2018 02:39 PM

Can you attempt a call today and let me know I am getting ahold of my engineers.

6. Dawn closed this discussion on 08 Aug, 2018 02:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac